The University plans to introduce a new email and calendar software to replace our current systems using Mulberry, Squirrelmail & Oracle Calendar. This follows feedback from both staff and students in surveys and focus groups. The top IT requests from staff are a joined-up email and calendar system with much more quota to store email.
- Much bigger email quota (7 or 10GB), about 100 times more quota for email than most staff and students have today.
- Easy access to email & address books on popular mobile phones (iPhone, Android, etc)
- Easier to use email software to replace Mulberry
- Access your email easily from anywhere over the web
For students & alumni:
- An email address for life – a single email address which you get as a student but keep after graduation. Put it on your CV and application forms when applying for jobs.
- Email & calendar integrated into one package
- A modern calendar system accessible on your desktop, on the web and your mobile phone
- Schedule appointments with people outside the university more easily
- Microsoft Outlook to replace Mulberry as the supported desktop email software
- Share your calendar with family members or other people outside the university
For the University:
- Increases in email quota without associated cost for storage
- Long term savings and improvements to the platform
- A modern platform for communications & collaboration on which to build further services
No Responses to “ About ”
You must be logged in to post a comment.